PasswordsCon Bergen 2013 – Andrey Belenko
The iCloud Keychain and iOS 7 Data Protection
This talk will cover new features of iOS Data Protection and the iCloud Keychain.
When Apple announced iOS 7, iCloud Keychain was one of its key features. It is no doubt great for usability, but what about security? What kind of access does Apple have to the passwords stored in the iCloud? This talk will address this and other questions.
The talk is focused on protection of user data. We will review iOS Data Protection and changes that iOS 7 brought to it. We will see what is new and where is Apple going with this. We will explore in great detail the inner workings of the new iCloud service — ‘escrowproxy’ — which is the essence of the iCloud Keychain. Other iCloud services, such as iCloud Backup, will receive some attention, too.
Main giveaway of the talk is the in-depth analysis of the new iCloud Keychain feature. You will learn how, when, and where things are encrypted, and what it takes to decrypt them.
Andrey Belenko is a Senior Security Engineer at viaForensics where he enjoys breaking things about as much as building things.
He became interested in iOS after Apple released iOS 4, the first iOS version to feature proper data encryption. Encryption posed a challenge for mobile forensics and Andrey contributed towards solving it. His interest in iCloud is also mostly from forensics point of view.
Before iOS, he was working on password recovery solutions and, among other things, has introduced a now commonplace GPU password cracking.
Andrey has presented at various industry events, such as BlackHat, Troopers, Hackito Ergo Sum, X Con, HitCon, Positive Hack Days, RusCrypto, and others. He is a CISSP and is not ashamed of the fact.
- “You’re the Key” Information Security News – 2/4/16
- Your Own iCloud Bypass Server
- What Is Future Of Cloud Computing? Cyber Security Expert Scott Schober On CCTV
- Vladimir KATALOV – Cracking and analyzing iCloud protocols [EN]
- Use Security Code to turn on iCloud Keychain?
- Urgent !! How To Remove iCloud Without Password ON All iOS 10 Version And Turn OFF Find my iPhone
- Urgent !! How To Bypass iCloud Without Password ON All iOS 10 Version And Turn OFF Find my iPhone
- Unlock iPhone 5s Without Fingerprint Bypass Password Security
- Tutorial – How to Fix/Unlock iCloud Locked iPhone – Disable Find My iPhone – iOS 7.1.1
- The Police Tool Pervs Use To Hack iCloud – #NewWorldNextWeek
- The entered icloud cannot be used to unlock this iPhone… why? – iPhone 4S
- The Celebrity iCloud iBrute iHack: Security Now 471
- Terraria iOS Hacked iCloud Account (2) (Still Working)
- Terraria icloud giveaway (CLOSED)
- Terraria Hacked iCloud World For Mobile HAS EVERY ITEM !!!
- Spy Camera Tiny Mini DV MD80 In Depth Review And Instructions