Biometric Verification: Apple Is Considering Storing Your Fingerprints In iCloud
Dahboo7 On Zeekly: http://zeeklytv.com/user/Dahboo77
Apple is considering storing customers’ biometric data in the cloud to enable next-generation payment methods, according to new patent application found by Apple Insider.
The application relates to “finger biometric sensor data synchronisation via a cloud computing device and related methods,” with one potential implementation being to authorise a “financial transaction.”
Simply put, this means Apple is considering using its cloud hosting service iCloud to store customers’ fingerprints, so they can be synced to other devices when required — such as to pay for a purchase.
Touch ID is the name of Apple’s biometric verification tool. It was introduced with the iPhone 5S as a security device. Users can press their fingerprint on the home button on their iPhone to unlock it, verify their identity, or make purchases via Apple Pay. Apple has previously emphasised the security measures used for securing Touch ID biometric data, including encrypting and storing it in a “Secure Enclave” on the A7 chip. “Other apps never access your fingerprint data,” their website says. “It’s never stored on Apple servers, and it’s never backed up to iCloud or anywhere else.”
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-touch-id-icloud-patent-2015-1#ixzz3P8aHJtlE
- Which cloud storage services are secure?
- WD My Cloud Official How to Use Guide
- Tech Tip: Securing online document storage for Attorneys
- Sync.com Review 2016 | SECURE CLOUD STORAGE
- SurDoc – 100GB FREE Ultra-secure Cloud Storage
- ProtectStar iTreasure PRO – The Most Secure Pocket-Size Data Vault for iOS
- New personal icloud app for data security
- Is Cloud-Based Storage Really Secure? – Macey Meriggi
- iPhone 6 Tips – What is iCloud Drive?
- Inside a Google data center
- How to Wipe & Restore a MacBook Pro/Air to Sell
- How to Transfer Apps & Data From an Old iPhone to a New iPhone : Tech Yeah!
- How to delete iCloud backups
- GotBackup – Best Secure Cloud Storage Service
- External Storage for iPhone / iPad (64 GB)
- Could Apple be at the core of celebrity cloud storage security breach?