How to Free Up Space on Your iPhone Without Deleting Photos and Videos. Idea of the day #165
Follow these steps to free up space on your iPhone!
One of the most common problems with the iPhone is running out of space. It’s one of my most asked questions about the iPhone because it can be so tricky figuring out what to do when you don’t even have enough room to take one more photo or video.
If you follow the steps in my video, you will be able to get back most of your space, without losing any of your photos or videos. The key is understanding where iPhone stores photos and videos sent via text messages, which isn’t optimized, and how to move them to iCloud, where they take up very little space on your iPhone.
The main problem is that photos and videos take up a lot of space. Because of this, Apple has a great option to optimize space by storing your photos and videos in the cloud, while keeping only tiny thumbnail versions on your iPhone. This can make a 2 GB video file take up virtually nothing until you want to play it, but there’s a catch. It only does this for photos and videos in your iCloud Photos Library, and it doesn’t optimize anything sent via text messages in the Messages App.
The key is to move any photos and videos from your text messages to the Photos App, and to make sure you’ve configured the Photos App to optimize iPhone storage.
1. You need to turn on the iCloud Photo Library.
2. You need to change the setting to optimize iPhone storage in the Photos and Camera settings.
3. You need to move photos and videos sent as text messages to your photo library.
You can see step by step instructions in my video.
This was featured as the August 24, 2016 Idea Of The Day.
Personally, I think Apple should store all media sent via text in the Photos app… As I said in a previous Idea of the Day: http://www.ideaoftheday.com/Blog/article.aspx?p=762
I post a new idea each day on my Idea of the Day Blog. Some don’t suck.
#ideaoftheday #apple #iphone #mobile #photography
- Using the iCloud Photo Library (#1088)
- UCLA Tech Zone Tips: iPad Photo Library and iCloud Storage Options
- Photos & iCloud Photo Library for iOS – Trailer
- iCloud Photo Library: What you need to know!
- iCloud Photo Library and Photo Stream: What’s the difference? iPhone,iPad,iPod
- ICLOUD: How to Reset iCloud backup storage in iPod touch iOS 9
- How to Free Up Storage on iPhone and iPad (iOS9)
- how to backup photos to icloud I how to backup photos to icloud from iphone
- How iCloud Photo Library Adapts for Optimized Images
- Explaining iCloud Part 4: iCloud Photo Library on your Mac
- Explaining iCloud Part 3: iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone and iPad
- Apple iCloud Settings
- Alternatives to the 5 GB Free iCloud Storage